I’m reading Inder Singh’s, Prudential, report on Ericsson’s Analyst Day in Tokyo and it strikes me that I’ve become desensitized to the numbers. The numbers are just so absolutely huge. I’ve heard all of this somewhere before, but …. it bears repeating
- 1 Billion handsets sold per year.
- 2.6 Billion mobile subscribers worldwide.
- Forecast 4.5 Billion mobile subscribers in next 5 years.
- Mobile TV Revenue for FIFA World Cup >$300M
- SMS ~1.5 Billion users per day
- 41.5 Million SMS during American Idol
- 3 Billion SMS during Chinese New Year’s Eve
- Mobile Data Revenues >$100B