Fred@ A VC’s end of the year Top 10 is always fun to follow.
On my front this is what I listened to the most this year. I’m not limiting my self to albums introduced in 2006. This is what is what lived in my cars CD player.
- The Black Keys — I bought Chulahoma & then all the back catalog … mp3’s are worn out 😉
- Belle & Sebastian — Life’s Pursuit
- M. Ward — Post War — gets better with every listen.
- Josh Rouse — Subtitlo — Had to get Jack Johnson out of the car 😉
- The Pipettes — British Chick Band — very fun.
- The Pinker Tones — Spanish techno — very fun.
- Thievery Corporation — will be no#1 when I buy the new album.
- Honorable mentions: Sigur Ros, Portastatic, Herbert – Scale, Michael Franti, Minus 5, Phish.
— Iain — Note Fred’s post is below … take a look.
It’s that time of year again. I am going to give you a record a day for the next couple weeks, twelve in all because I can never keep it to ten.
I’ve been compiling a list of candidates as the year’s gone on and it’s here (also linked from the side of my blog). There’s almost twenty records on that list so I’ll have to whittle it down.
Finally, I went to last.fm and looked at what I actually listened to this year.
So now I’ve got the universe of music figured out. I’ll start tomorrow. If anyone wants to throw in suggestions that aren’t already on my list, I am all ears.
(Via A VC.)