Chatting about blog-land this week. All of these are in my delicious widget on the right ( http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog ) or in my blog. Note that I spent a fair bit of time on “housekeeping” this week, writing about Cavium’ S1 wrt/ Comm Semi’s, and not enough time reading 😐
- Broadband Incentive Problem – some new data points – Telco 2.0 Punishing Broadband statistics wrt/ Online Video. Read this … it has good links as well.
- This is Not Your Father’s Cisco – Kedrosky There are lots of posts on Cisco’s recent acquisition of WebEx. I think it makes lots of sense that Cisco is focussing on Data Center Solutions (equipment, software, and services). See my Thinking About Network Diagrams For the Internet
- Why Cisco bought WebEx for $3.2 billion? – GigaOm
- BitTorrent/NetGear Venture Goes Live – Slyck News P2P Home Gear … oh so cool. 😎 EVA800 product link
- The $7 TV Network – Cringely I’ve been liking Cringely lately. Not always the case, because his stuff requires time to read and digest. I believe that he is pointing out that Internet Video technology is still in its infancy. There are many ways to skin this cat and it will be a long time before the “winning” solution surfaces.
- Forget the IPO, Let’s do a LBO: Starent, BigBand and Infinera – WR Koss BBND did well this week. WRK/ provides some interesting colour.
- Bold Decisions that Defy Investor Sentiment: Fiber to the Premise and Verizon’s FiOS – WR Koss Good speculation on why VZ is doing the right thing.
Careers & Mgmt
- How Do You Plan for M&A? – Ask The VC good discussion of most of the cliches — worth reading — headlines 💡 “Plan for Independence” & “Be Prepared for Acquisition”
- “The Effort Effect” – Guy Kawasaki Guy reviews Carol S. Dweck’s “Mindset – The New Psychology of Success”. Very interesting stuff. On another tack — the overview sounds a lot like Golf Mind Guru Bob Rotella’s mantra “Focussing on score is a recipe for failure … Focussing on the process of scoring is a recipe for success” or “You can’t control the score …. but you can control how you go about playing the game”.
- Blogging Well 101 – Mark Evans I need all the help I can get 😛