Chatting about blog-land this week. All of these are in my delicious widget on the right and @ http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog. Spring Break definitely hit late this week.
- Apple iTV ships this week.
- Apple iTV – Intel and NVIDIA Inside- Nyquist Capital Andrew comments on the details provided in AnandTech.
- Apple TV Part 1: Unboxed and Dissected – AnandTech Many part post … stripped right down to the chips. Intel and NVidia. Great Stuff!
- Making Apple TV Work – Kedrosky K points to a blog where the iTV is hacked to provide XviD. Excellent 😉
- Apple TV Coverage: The Day After – NewTeeVeeGigaOm provides a good list of posts on the topic.
- Guest Opinion: Apple TV a Game-Changer – NewTeeVee Opinion piece on iTV vs. Cable Co’s … notes gestation will likely be on par with iPod ( ie 5 yrs ) … but it moves the discussion from vapourware to 1st product.
- a podcast about innovation and entrepreneurship: Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google – iinnovate tipped via Guy K’s blog — love the opening quote “You don’t learn very much when you yourself are talking”.
- Is The Party Ending For Wireless? – Forbes.com tip to Andrew@Nyquist – Clayton M. Christensen (Mr. Innovator’s Dilemma/Solution) & others discuss the challenges looming for Wireless Industry.
- Femtocells – What are they and why are they important? – Telco 2.0 More good stuff from Telco 2.0 guys. Wireless penetration of the Digital home (not WiMax) Femtocells are tiny access points that plug into a residential broadband connection to provide a 3G mobile signal directly in the home. Cool 😎
- WR Koss has good posts on Optical Growth?, Mobile ARPU Declining?, and BigBand post IPO
- Vitesse Q107 Conference Call Notes – Nyquist Capital Looks ugly 😦
- Centillium – Next on Someone’s Shopping List? Nyquist CapitalUpdated – Mar 24 – Andrew wondered why I didn’t react to his juicy comments wrt/ PMCS. Honestly, I skipped over this post this week. My first reaction to CTLM is usually “big in japan” – they could make a CD titled “CTLM – Live at Budokan”. Not sure if this is still accurate, but historically they never were able to leverage jp success to another shore. On another tack, PMCS has ADSL2+, VDSL, and VoiP products in its “Digital Home” product line.
Careers & Mgmt
- not this week.
- not this week.
General Interest ( Fun )
- Mind Mapping with FreeMind (Review) « “The Authentic Fake!” Freemind is very cool. I’m gonna give it good try to organize my thoughts for new posts. I already like outlining, but this appears to be way better. This post provides an good introduction.
- JP Morgan Expects A Selloff In Semiconductor Sector Aaargh … semi’s are too challenging 👿
- iPod Video – Too Much Fun – MPEG-4 Tools