Chatting about blog-land this week. All of these are in my delicious widget on the right and @ http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog. I’ll be trying to do this regularly again.
- Optical networking market tops $3B for third consecutive quarter — Lightwave – Ovum-RHK
- Wireless Backhaul is Mostly… Wireless — Nyquist Capital
- Are Large Tech Vendors Losing Their Grip On Customers? — there is always the dream that incumbents leave a few “big” scraps on the table 😉
- Voice’s place in the fiber future – telephony online
- Dell’s Ubuntu Boxes Shed Light On The Windows Tax — TechDirt — Interesting that Dell PC’s with Linux are only $50 less than a box with Windows. I was thinking the difference was $200 – $300 bucks. The comments on this post provide a few reasons behind the smallish $ difference.
- What Trumps Email? – Fred Wilson — good discussion on issues with e-mail, IM, etc
- Fiber Fairy Tales — Global Crossing Blog — I always like when low-tech meets high-tech. Here is a story of German rats preferring to chew on fiber carrying Italian data 😀
Careers & Mgmt
- Compulsive obsession with details will save your neck when giving presentations — Escape from Cubicle Nation — read this before your next trip 😛
Guy Kawasaki has 2 posts on PR gotchas … Interesting …
General Interest ( Fun )
- The Cost of Being a Fan | The Sand Trap — Calculation of what it costs to attend a Golf Major. No surprise … the Masters is the costliest 😦