There was a ton of stuff in blog-land this week. I particularly enjoyed Marc Andreessen’s VC posts, especially the 3rd one that explains where all the current VC money is coming from. The Infinera IPO and Cavium’s initial analyst reports are milestones to note. Of course, Steve Job’s was the star this week ( I’m not covering that).
All of these are in my delicious widget on the right and @ http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog.
- A Perfect Storm of posts on Innovation and “asset class” VC Money – Links to Marc Andreessen’s VC posts and followups by Kedrosky and Wilson. This is very worth reading … especially Andreessen’s part 3.
- Juniper Attacks Cisco’s CRS-1 – Lightreading
- Juniper’s rolls out T-Rex like router, not quite iPhone – Om Malik
- Analyzing the Facebook Platform, three weeks in – Marc Andreessen – long & detailed … book some time to read this 😉 The Fourth … very sad because your servers blow up 👿 Ilike example of of viral growth is “startling” 0 to 3M users in 2 weeks growing at 300k users per day … went from 2 server to 100+ servers within days ❗
- Infinera IPO
- From Zepton to Infinera, a start-up story – Om Malik a quick history
- Infinera – The Optical Component Company That Wasn’t — Nyquist Capital Andrew continues to provide good colour on optical component industry challenges.
- Infinera — new component paradigms start in systems blatant self promotion
- Global Penetration of Wired vs. Wireless Voice at Nyquist Capital wireless voice is double wired ❗
- GigaOM 5 ways iPhone will change the wireless biz «
- Initial Analyst Reports on Cavium – Seeking Alpha Here is what analysts think post IPO … “great technology w/ High Price”
- EETimes.com – BroadLight brings dual-core processing to PON residential gateway
Careers & Mgmt
- Coachable – Seth Godin – very similar to No Asshole Rule
- That moment – Seth Godin – not that I really need to be reminded of this 😦
- Outcomes vs. Activity — Found+READ Always hard to really do
- The expectation paradox – Seth Godin He says we have a choice to make.
General Interest ( Fun )
- No Takers For the “Potter Doesn’t Die” Trade — Kedrosky British book makers and Harry Potter