Marc Andreessen continues his prolific posting with a great description of startup land & Facebook, Jeremy Penston asks “What is the broadband dividend?”, Andrew@Nyquist digs up FTTH silicon share, more. Seth Godin has good quips on “the vibe”, and what drives your company. On a fun note — Still rockin’ out to Dinosaur Jr. and The SandTrap guys stake out the 18th green for 14 hours at Oakmont
NB. All of these are in my delicious widget on the right and @ http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog.
- The Pmarca Guide to Startups, part 1: Why not to do a startup – Marc Andreessen — a great description of startup “heaven and hell”, “yin and yang”.
- The Broadband Dividend –The IP Development Network Blog What is Broadband worth to a country? good question.
- FTTH Silicon Market Share — Andrew @ Nyquist Capital
- Powerline Networking’s slow comeback – Om Malik
- Sprint: Rethinking WiMAX? – Om Malik
- Has SIA, Book-to-Bill data lost its relevance? — Om Malik — semiconductor trials and tribulations
- Analyzing the Facebook Platform, three weeks in — Marc Andreesen — Great update on Web 2.0 details and trends.
Careers & Mgmt
- The vibe – Seth Godin
- Drivers – Seth Godins — What drives your company .. hopefully not Troll Driven
General Interest ( Fun )
- Dinosaur Jr.: Beyond: Pitchfork Record Review — still in slot #1 in my car … will it ever be de-throned … doubtful.
- The Sand Trap’s Eric B Stakes out the 18th on Sunday 🙂 — golf fanatics only.