This Summer my cars CD player had its usual eclectic Mix.
- Arcade Fire “Neon Bible“ This CD has really grown on me. I really like the whole thing, especially tracks 2,6, and 10.
- Dinosaur Jr “Beyond“ Easily my most played CD this year. 😎
- Bob Marley “Upsetter singles Disc 1“ Summer is incomplete with out Marley. I admit I’m stuck on this guy.
- Fugazi “13 Songs“
When I left for summer vacation I was still thick into my Dinosaur Jr “Beyond” phase (not ended yet). I’d already picked up much of the Dinosaur Jr. back catalog available on eMusic.
I then stumbled upon Fugazi’s 13 Songs. I’d heard about them many times over the years (especially during my vert skating years), but never bought an album. I really goofed on missing these guys. What an album ❗ It’s crazy glued into my car CD player. (mainly ’cause not many passengers are into it … my better half can’t stand it and the kids give me the “DAAAAAAD … what is that?”). This is why it is hidden in the middle of the pack 😉
I’m diggin’ the irony of driving to the golf course listening to this. I love it, but it just doesn’t work ( as pre-game prep material). Completely proves the old golfer tales like Sam Snead’s waltz pace or Hogan’s go slow. Golf just isn’t vertical skating. Who knew 😛
- Neil Young “Live at Massey Hall 1971“ This is my 2nd most played CD of the year. Neil never gets old.
- Pixies “Doolittle“ ( often too intense for me) It’s been over 20 years of listening to these guys and I still don’t know whether I love or hate the Pixies. When they work, they really work. When they don’t … they are really annoying.