Still in catch up mode 😦
NB. All of these are in my delicious widget on the right and @ http://del.icio.us/hNorth/blog.
The first thread is “Mourning the days of Internet Infrastructure”. It started with Andrew@Nyquist’s The Madness of the Carrier Chipset Market which comments on a Lee Goldberg’s Paving Paradise which laments the lack of investment in TDM Transport Silicon. I couldn’t resist & posted my comments as well.
Then the topic shows up later in Om Malik’s Cuban’s Theory & Internet Infrastructure
which extends Marc Cuban’s, “The Internet is Dead and Boring – Blog Maverick & The Internet Is still Dead and Boring – Blog Maverick. Very curious points of view 😐
- The Proving Ground of NTT – Andrew @ Nyquist — Andrew comments on NTT and MIC’s latest Network Strategy Presentation. I posted comments on his site. In summary I agree that JP has lead at a telecom level with fast DSL (Yahoo BB) and on to FTTH (NTT). JP has also lead with Internet Applications like: Voip, IPTV, etc. But history suggests that hardware folks attempting to leverage success in JP to other locales will hit serious roadblocks. For example EPON to GPON today is reminiscent of the challenge Centillium had with DSL.
Careers & Mgmt
- Mapping G Moore’s “Darwin” to Telecomm Semi’s in the ’00’s – Iain — I finally finished Geoffrey Moore’s Dealing with Darwin.
Marc Andreessen’ Continues to publish gems
- blog.pmarca.com: Book of the week: Best book for tech entrepreneurs this year — “Customer Development” Book. I love this topic! I ordered it. Will post in a month.
- blog.pmarca.com: The Pmarca Guide to Startups, part 7: Why a startup’s initial business plan doesn’t matter that much — gotta love that title ❗
- The Pmarca Guide to Startups, part 8: Hiring, managing, promoting, and firing executives – a good read for every level.
- The Pmarca Guide to Startups, part 9: How to hire a professional CEO – Short and sweet 😉 Did he get out of bed on the wrong side that day ❓
General Interest ( Fun )
- I had too much in the past few weeks ..