I really like the first point in “What is a killer resume” — Your resume isn’t about you.
That hooked me. I scanned the whole series: Resume Writing Series » Squawkfox. Here is the summary list for a Killer resume. Lotsa good ideas. Enjoy.
What is a Killer Resume?
Your resume …
- isn’t about you.
- must sell you in seconds.
- is a marketing tool, not a personal document.
- highlights your accomplishments, not job duties or descriptions.
- must focus on your future, not your past.
- shows the skills you enjoy, not skills you have to use.
- is not a confessional. You don’t have to tell all.
- must list the important facts first.
- must be free from grammatical and typographical errors.
- must have a clean layout. No one wants to read a garbled mess.
Here are the other sections.
- What is a Killer Resume?
- 10 Resume Do’s
- 10 Resume Sins
- Resume Anatomy
- 6 Sucky Resume Words
- one more to come.