“The problem with the Aubrey-Maturin Series is that there are ONLY 20 books. You’ll never want it to end. It’s just not enough.” That was the fanatical introduction I was given when I first started the Aubrey–Maturin series (Wikipedia) series. I’m now on book 18 The Yellow Admiral – Wikipedia and it’s too true, this is a magical book series.
Historical Science Fiction may be a good classfication of these novels. The Aubrey-Maturin series is very similar to reading Neal Stephenson’s Historical Science Fiction books – Cryptonomicon (Wikipedia), Quicksilver (Wikipedia), The Confusion (Wikipedia), and The System of the World (Wikipedia). If you read those then you’ll really like this. They’re all fantastic entertainment.
- Patrick O’Brian – Wikipedia
- Master and Commander – Wikipedia – Book #1
- Aubrey–Maturin series – Wikipedia
- Neal Stephenson – Wikipedia
- Cryptonomicon – Wikipedia
- Quicksilver – Wikipedia
- The Confusion – Wikipedia
- The System of the World – Wikipedia